life...or something like it

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Answer Is...

For those of you who have seen Office Space you should know where I'm going with this, for those of you who haven't - shame on you. The purpose of this blog is to focus on your dreams and ambitions. Answer the question "What would you do if you had a million dollars and didn't have to work?"

Well, my initial answer to this question was similar to the movie…I would do nothing. But then I got to thinking, and realized this is a really hard question. I think the first thing on my list would be travel. I would go back to Florence, visit my family who I’ve never met in Norway, and probably hit up a few other places like Austria, France, and Greece. Maybe I would even buy a villa on the coast of Italy or the Greek Islands and chill out there for a year or two. I love the idea of living abroad and experiencing a completely different lifestyle than the United States.
I also wouldn’t mind working at an island resort somewhere in exchange for room and board. I can picture myself living further south and having lots of little jobs instead of just one career. I am the master of meaningless things…decorating cakes, wrapping gifts, tearing apart movies and TV shows, telling funny stories, re-arranging furniture, coming up with new recipes, etc. Sometimes I think about just starting to write a book about all the funny things I think about and how life constantly surprises me.
I want to travel, and I want to see things, and I want to take risks and be spontaneous while I still can.
As an after-thought, I want to be on a reality show…or Jeopardy.

3 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger B. Weaver said...

This week revealed something very important...your interest in travel. Perhaps there's a goal there waiting to be explored. One that will put all that angst to rest-- or at least put it on the top shelve until you get back.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Liz Farry said...

I'm liking this resort idea. I say we pool our millions and buy our own island.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Tandi Lane said...

Maybe you should look into international Public affairs since you want to travel. Maybe you could write for a travel magazine or look into jobs for the travel channel. Since life always suprises you, I think you'd be great at explaining detailed meals and customs in other parts of the world. Just a thought since this blog idea was so thought provoking in the first place! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home