life...or something like it

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun...or when you're in college


It's been a long time since I've thought about what I wanted to be when I was little...probably because it's kind of been a long time since I was little. It's funny how things have changed, but also how I still feel like a little kid. This is why I really like this week's blog...compliments of Mr. DJ (Tator-Tot) Yokley.


I recently found an old school project in my attic at home where I had to write about what I wanted to be someday. It was from elementary school, and I had completely forgotten about it. I was convinced for years that I was going to be an interior decorator. Then there was a fuzzy period when I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a decorator or designer...or what the difference was. Well, I kinda went the other direction on that one. Don't get me wrong, you will still find me re-arranging furniture/accessories/pictures, etc. in my room pretty often...and the rooms of others, whether they like it or not :) My roommates have always been pretty good about my spontaneous re-decorating ideas, though.


This blog prompt also made me think about the characteristics I had when I was little and how they are affecting my life now. I like everything to be a certain way, and I've always been good at staying organized. You would think, then, that I would like a pretty steady routine. This is where I'm weird, I guess. I cannot stand when things stay the same too long. I'm very spontaneous, and can deal well with the unexpected. Sometimes this can get me into trouble because I tend to act before I think things through logically. Let's just say there have been a lot of times in my life where I've had the opportunity to say "Well, we can just chalk that up to experience."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home