life...or something like it

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jump Back!!


Yes...I'm actually posting for the second day in a row. What can I say? Broadcasting doesn't leave me with a lot of free time...not that I'm complaining :) Today, Pem and I went to Apple Castle to shoot a quick package for TCL. I have never been the talent for a package, and it was a lot of fun. The people were so nice, too. The owner, Lyle Johnston, was very cooperative and provided a great interview. His dad was possibly the cutest man ever...he was hand washing baby pumpkins when we were there and grinned when we asked what his favorite part of owning an orchard was. That is something I absolutely love about broadcasting...meeting and talking to people just to hear their stories. I just have the greatest job ever.

Tomorrow I report for the 4 and 5 news and it is my goal to make it a SWEET newscast. I'm gonna be all about the sound and local stories...hopefully :)

So....June Pierce (she works in the registrar's office and basically knows everything) visited our capstone class today to answer any questions we had about graduation...and find out who still needs to take swimming :) That's when it hit me...I'm graduating. Given, it's not for another semester and a half, but it's going to happen. Well, at least that's the plan. Anyway, I need to come up with a senior project idea and I'm totally struggling. I do so many different things, it's hard to narrow it down and focus on one last big project. Well, in other news, I did figure out who to interview for the Alumni assignment. Her name is Jennifer Moreau and she works in media relations for FSN Pittsburgh. Leanne actually interns there and suggested that I talk to her. Her job sounds sweet, so I'm excited to get in touch with her.

Don't get used to these back to back posts or anything...I just thought I'd keep everyone on their toes :) Later!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Liz Farry said...

I love those apple castle dudes, aren't they the best? Did you do the fall harvest festival?

and hey, so do you still have to take swimming? cuz i do...we should coooooordinate. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home